Wearing your ring everyday means that it will undoubtedly begin to look worn. Engagement rings are crafted to be strong and while diamonds and precious metals are not damaged easily, they still require frequent care.
Looking after your ring will keep it looking beautiful, but also keeps it hygienic and ensures your ring remains a valuable investment. Here is our guide on how to clean rings…
- When handling your ring, ensure you pick it up from the band and not from the diamond; this will prevent the setting from becoming loose or insecure as well as limiting the build up of natural oils.
- Store your diamond separately from other jewellery to ensure that your ring does not damage and is not damaged by other items.
- Avoid wearing your ring when you are doing something highly physical such as working out or playing competitive sports as this could result in your diamond becoming loose or chipped.
- If possible, remove your ring before coming into contact with household cleaning products such as bleach, furniture polish or any abrasive liquids, such as hair dye.
Cleaning Your Ring
Rings can become dirty from a variety of things from common cosmetics such as moisturisers, make up or perfume to actual dirt or oil that are picked up from daily wear.
The best way to make sure your ring is looking its best is to get a professional clean. Rare Pink are delighted to offer aftercare packages that do just this. Leave your jewels with us for a few days and we will get it back to you as soon as possible, looking as good as new.
However, if you would rather clean your ring at home, here are some cleaning options that should leave your ring looking beautifully clean.
- Use a small drop of washing up liquid and a soft toothbrush to brush your ring clean, then rinse under warm water.
- Cleaning products for gold and platinum are ideal for home use; simply follow the instructions on the packaging. These products are reasonably priced and can be used frequently between professional cleans.
All of these rituals should leave your ring looking and feeling clean. Use these methods as often as you wish although we recommend lightly cleaning your ring every couple of weeks and professionally cleaning your ring once every three months.
By bringing your ring back to Rare Pink, we will be happy to professionally clean your ring as well as checking for any potential damage and offering advice on keeping your ring in its best condition.